Renew Before It’s Too Late
July 31 is right around the corner, and that means move out is almost here for anyone who hasn’t renewed. Can you believe it? We sure can’t! In fact, we don’t want to miss you, so you should renew today! Stop by the leasing office as soon as possible to sign a new lease; we’re incredibly close to being sold out, and would hate for you to be homeless for the 2015–2016 school year.
TURN. IS. COMING! What does this crazy terminology mean, you ask? It’s the period of time between move out (July 31) and move in (August 22) when the Campus Pointe staff members and vendors re-carpet, re-paint, and clean all 198 apartments on the property! What does this mean for you? Before we can get to work, we need your help as we inspect apartments over the course of July. Please be patient while we inspect apartments — we appreciate your compliance!
Tips for a Successful Move Out:
- Check with the office before leaving to make sure you have a $0.00 balance on your account.
- Pack all of your belongings and take them with you, as you won’t be permitted back into the apartment after turning in your keys.
- Inspect your room to make sure everything is clean and all furniture is accounted for.
Come visit us in the office to say goodbye! We’ll need both your room key and mail key when you come in, and we’ll also need you to provide us with a forwarding address for mail. We’ll need about 10 minutes to inspect your room, and then you can be on your merry way!
For those of you who have renewed but are planning to transfer apartments, please remain in your current unit and come speak with the office for moving dates. We ask that you give us at least two weeks to get your new apartment in tip-top shape. Please plan on packing ahead of time; due to our very tight schedule, you will only have 24 hours to transfer your belongings from your old apartment to the new one.
Find Your Campus Advantage
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. While we love to hear all about how you fill your summers with fun trips and activities, baseball games, and farmers’ markets, this time of year can also be perfect for gearing up your professional side. Check out some of the tips below on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus career center. Since it is summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prep you for an upcoming interview.
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales in the summer months on business wear, so check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
We Heart You Wednesdays
Every Wednesday from here on out, do yourself a favor and stop by the clubhouse during office hours so we can show you how much we appreciate you. Our Community Assistants will gladly assist in making you a free bag of popcorn just to say thanks for calling Campus Pointe your home!
Christmas in July — July 25 from noon to 4:00 p.m.
Join us for an oh-so jolly Christmas in July celebration! There’ll be gifts galore for those who explore, but you’ll need to be quick, or you might miss St. Nick! Cookies and treats will be served, too.
Farewell Friends Pool Party — July 28 from noon to 4:00 p.m.
Stop by for a farewell pool party as we celebrate all of our residents who are moving out this month. Our Community Assistants will be grilling hot dogs for all, and refreshments will be provided. We request that you bring your wallet, too, please, as we’ll be taking small donations for Relay For Life if you’d like to try to pie a CA in the face or compete in a cornhole and bra pong tournament!