Summer is officially over, and fall is on its way. Say hello to pumpkin spice lattes!
Need something fixed? Put in a service request in one of two ways: Call the office during regular office hours, or submit online via your resident portal at campuspointekent.com/residents. Please keep in mind that our maintenance team has limited hours on weekends unless it is an emergency, so don’t be alarmed if your request isn’t handled until Monday.
Reminders and Updates
Rent payments are due on the 1st of every month and are late starting on the 4th of every month at 8 a.m. A $35 late charge will be applied on the 4th, and an additional $5/day with a maximum $50 in total each month. Payments can be dropped in the rent dropbox located in the clubhouse foyer between the two glass doors or can be given to team members in the office. If you have any questions regarding payments or your account, please talk to Ryan Rowe in the office or email him at [email protected]kent.com.
Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of living in a Campus Advantage community is the opportunity to live and work closely with all types of people. We know that living with roommates isn’t always easy, whether you moved in with friends or were matched up with new people. Either way, it’s perfectly normal to have the occasional roommate conflict, and there’s actually a lot to be gained from handling a difficult situation maturely and respectfully.
We want to make sure you have the tools to handle these situations should they arise, so check out the tips below to ensure you and your roommates have the best living experience possible this year:
- Schedule a roommate meeting: Set up a time for all roommates to get together and have a proactive conversation about each person’s preferences and expectations when it comes to cleanliness, guests, sleeping/study times, the use of others belongings or food, etc.
- Be open minded: You and your roommates may be very different, and that’s OK! Stay open minded and positive about your roommates’ views and experiences, and you may end up learning a lot about them and yourself in the process.
- Give each other space: Even though your apartment is made for multiple people, everyone appreciates having space to themselves once in a while. Make sure you are sharing time in common areas and respecting each other’s privacy.
- When in doubt, talk it out: Most problems can be solved by just talking through the issue before it gets out of hand. If something is seriously bugging you about one of your roommates, bring it to them in a mature one-on-one conversation before bringing in other roommates or escalating the situation. Passive-aggressive behaviors won’t help.
- Divide responsibilities: While every roommate should commit to cleaning up after themselves, determine the best way to divide other responsibilities, such as taking out the trash, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, etc., to ensure everyone plays their part.
- Use conflict resolution backup: While talking can usually fix an issue in its early stages, sometimes a more structured approach is necessary. If you’ve tried and feel your efforts aren’t helping resolve an issue between roommates, reach out to your Community Assistant or the management team to help you brainstorm options. The management team is trained and willing to help conduct a roommate mediation process, if necessary, but is also happy to provide you with tips and tools to handle it yourself.
We want you to have a successful living experience while at our community, but we know that living with roommates can mean an occasional difference of opinion. When roommates decide to communicate their expectations, listen and try to understand each other, and care about each other’s well-being — the many great memories you make will outweigh any small conflict you may have.
Community Events Calendar
Jeopardy — September 18 @ 7 p.m. — What’s the name of the best student housing in Kent? Campus Pointe, of course! Stop by the office for a fun-filled game of Jeopardy with your friends. We’ll be giving prizes to the winners. Don’t miss out!
Pre-Homecoming Grub — September 21 @ 11 a.m. — Homecoming is here! Before you hit the town, stop into the office and grab some grub!
Yoga — September 24 @ 7 p.m. — What’s more relaxing than a late-night yoga class? A free yoga class, duh! Join us for our very first warm flow class. You won’t be sorry!
Last Hoorah Pool Bash — September 27 @ 4 p.m. — Help us say goodbye to the pool for the season at our Last Hoorah Pool Bash. There will be plenty of food, CP swag, and sunshine to go around!