Congratulations on another semester well done, residents! For many of you, this has been your last semester, and we would like to say thank you for your time with us here at Campus Pointe! To those who will be sticking around, we love having you here and look forward to another great semester in January! We hope you have a wonderful winter break and happy holidays. Remember to stay safe, and enjoy your time with family and friends!
Finals are almost here, which means winter break! If you’ll be spending your break back home and leaving your apartment empty, please take the following precautions before you leave so you come back to a warm, clean apartment!
- Set your heater to 72° F to avoid your heater breaking or pipes freezing.
- Make sure all of your lights are off.
- Clean out the fridge of all perishable and expired items.
- Take out all trash.
- Lock all of your doors, including bedroom doors.
Reminders & Updates
Here are some tips for a successful year at Campus Pointe:
Rent is due on the 1st of each month. Luckily, you have until the 3rd to pay your rent before late fees begin accruing on the 4th at 8:00 a.m. If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Jackie Grant in the office or email her at [email protected].
We are officially towing! Baker’s Towing surveys the parking lots every evening. Make sure your parking pass is located in the lower left-hand corner of your rear windshield to avoid any confusion. Please remind guests to use the visitor lot so they are not towed! If you haven’t picked up your parking pass, please do so ASAP in the office.
Need something fixed? Put in a service request one of two ways: You can call the office during regular office hours, or complete a request online through your resident portal at campuspointekent.com. Please keep in mind that our maintenance team has limited hours on weekends unless it is an emergency, so don’t be alarmed if your request is not handled until Monday.
Learn. Celebrate. Observe. Grow.
The month of December marks a number of religious and cultural holidays. During this season, we encourage you to learn more about your friends and neighbors as we celebrate the differences that make us unique and the similarities that bring us together in our communities.
- December 6–14 is Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights. This eight-day Jewish holiday is observed by lighting candles on a menorah, one for each day of the festival.
- December 8 is Bodhi Day. This Buddhist holiday commemorates the day the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, reached enlightenment under the Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya, India.
- December 12 is Feast Day at Our Lady of Guadalupe. This day honors the belief that Jesus’ mother Mary appeared to a man in Mexico City in 1531.
- December 16–24 is Las Posadas. During this nine-day celebration — celebrated chiefly in Mexico, Guatemala and the southwestern United States — the trials Mary and Joseph endured during their journey to Bethlehem are reenacted.
- December 22 is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Worldwide, this has been recognized in various ways across cultures, including many focused on rebirth and renewal.
- December 25 is Christmas, an important holiday in the Christian religion representing the birth of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally celebrated with gift giving and candle lighting.
- December 26–January 1 is Kwanzaa, a weeklong African-American celebration started by Maulana Karenga in 1966 to celebrate universal African heritage in African-American culture. It is observed by lighting candles each day to represent each of the holiday’s seven core principles, culminating in a feast and gift giving.
We wish each of you a wonderful month and an enjoyable winter break!
Community Events Calendar
Hot Chocolate Bar — December 5
Stop by the media lounge all day to enjoy some delicious hot chocolate! All sorts of delicious fixings will be available for you to craft your perfect cup of hot chocolate to stay warm.
Ugly Holiday Sweater Party — December 6 from 2:00–4:00 p.m.
Join us in the clubhouse for an Ugly Holiday Sweater Party! A prize will be awarded to the “Best Ugly Sweater,” plus you can enjoy hot pizza and refreshments!
Holiday Cookie Decorating — December 14 @ 6:00 p.m.
Do you love cookies during the holidays? Come to the media lounge to mingle with other residents and let your creative side come out to decorate holiday cookies!