We hope you’re enjoying your home here at Campus Pointe, as we have loved having you. We’re now renewing leases for the 2017–2018 year and would like to remind you that due to large incoming class sizes at Kent State University, housing in Kent is filling up very quickly. In order to ensure your spot and the lowest rate for next year, renew as soon as possible! For anyone graduating this month, congratulations on your success!
Need something fixed? You can put in a service request in one of two ways: Call the office during regular office hours, or submit online through your resident portal at campuspointekent.com/residents. Please keep in mind that our maintenance team has limited hours on weekends unless it is an emergency, so don’t be alarmed if your request isn’t handled until Monday.
Winter Weather Warning: Please remember that December brings cold, snowy weather. Be prepared for bad roads, and make sure to have salt, an ice scraper, and a collapsible shovel in your vehicle. The buses may be running a little slower due to road conditions, so be sure to bundle up!
Reminders and Updates
Here are some tips for a successful year at Campus Pointe:
Rent is due on the 1st of each month, and late fees begin accruing on the 4th at 8:00 a.m. If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Jackie Grant in the office or email her at [email protected].
We are officially towing! Baker’s Towing surveys the parking lots every evening. Make sure your parking pass is located in the lower left-hand corner of your rear windshield to avoid any confusion. Please remind your guests that they must park in the visitor lot to avoid being towed.
Locked out or maintenance emergency? Remember there is always a Community Assistant on call! Just call (330) 673-2202, wait for the list of options, and dial 9. You’ll be connected with the Community Assistant who will be able to assist you.
Learn. Celebrate. Observe. Grow.
The month of December marks a number of religious and cultural holidays. During this season, we encourage you to learn more about your friends and neighbors as we celebrate the differences that make us unique and the similarities that bring us together in our communities.
- December 8 is Bodhi Day. This Buddhist holiday commemorates the day the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, reached enlightenment under the Bodhi tree at Bodhgaya, India.
- December 12 is Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. This day honors the belief that Jesus’ mother Mary appeared to a man in Mexico City in 1531.
- December 12 is also the Prophet’s Birthday, or Mawlid as it is commonly known in Muslim culture. The day celebrates the birth of the prophet, Muhammad.
- December 16–24 is Las Posadas. During this nine-day celebration — celebrated chiefly in Mexico, Guatemala, and the southwestern United States — the trials Mary and Joseph endured during their journey to Bethlehem are reenacted.
- December 21 is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Worldwide, this has been recognized in various ways across cultures, including many focused on rebirth and renewal.
- December 24–January 1 is Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights. This eight-day Jewish holiday is observed by lighting candles on a menorah, one for each day of the festival.
- December 25 is Christmas, an important holiday in the Christian religion representing the birth of Jesus Christ. It is traditionally celebrated with gift giving and candle lighting.
- December 26–January 1 is Kwanzaa, a weeklong African-American celebration started by Maulana Karenga in 1966 to celebrate universal African heritage in African-American culture. It is observed by lighting candles each day to represent each of the holiday’s seven core principles, culminating in a feast and gift giving.
We wish each of you a wonderful month and an enjoyable winter break!
Community Event Calendar
- Holiday Door Decorating — December 1–14 — Celebrate the holidays by decorating your front door! Sign up in the office to have your door judged before December 13. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Judging takes place on December 14, and the winners will be notified via phone.
- Zumba — Every Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. — Looking to shake things off? Join us in the yoga room for a Zumba class!
- Nacho Tuesdays — Every Tuesday — Stop by the clubhouse to pick up a tasty treat! Nachos will be provided all day.