We, at Campus Pointe, would like to thank you for being such wonderful residents. We’ve enjoyed you being such an important part of our community, and hope that you enjoy your time with us as much as we do with you. We are filling up quickly, so if you haven’t renewed yet, please do so as soon as possible so that you have a place to call home!
Locked out or have a maintenance emergency? Remember that there is always a Community Assistant on call! Just call the office at (330) 673-2202, wait for the list of options, and dial 6. You’ll be connected with the Community Assistant who will be able to assist you.
With weather warming up, you’ll soon be switching from heating your apartment to blasting the AC! 78 degrees is a good point for an air conditioner to run at its optimal performance level. Think of it as a car on cruise control headed across the flat Midwest prairie. It’s not chugging along going uphill, and is just plugging away, steady as she goes. Taking your temperature even five degrees lower can make your air conditioner use up to 40% more energy!
Reminders & Updates
Here are some tips for a successful year at Campus Pointe:
Rent is due on the 1st of each month. Luckily, you have until the 3rd to pay your rent before late fees begin accruing on the 4th at 8:00 a.m. If you have any questions regarding the payment portal or about your account, please see Jackie Grant in the office or email her at [email protected].
We are officially towing! Baker’s Towing surveys the parking lots every evening. Make sure your parking pass is located in the lower left-hand corner of your rear windshield to avoid any confusion. Please remind your guests to use the visitor lot so they are not towed! If you haven’t picked up your parking pass, please do so ASAP in the office.
Need something fixed? Submit a service request in one of two ways: You can call the office during regular office hours, or submit online through your resident portal at campuspointekent.com. Please keep in mind that our maintenance team has limited hours on weekends unless it is an emergency, so don’t be alarmed if your request isn’t handled until Monday.
Take the It’s On Us Pledge
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and as you may know, Campus Advantage has partnered with the White House to support the It’s On Us campaign to change the culture around sexual violence on college campuses. It’s On Us invites everyone to step up and realize that the solution begins with individuals. It’s a declaration that sexual assault is not only a crime committed by a perpetrator against a victim, but a societal problem in which all of us have a role to play. This pledge is a personal commitment to help keep women and men safe from sexual assault. It is a promise not to be a bystander to the problem, but to be a part of the solution.
Please read and share the following It’s On Us tips:
- Talk to your friends honestly and openly about sexual assault.
- Don’t just be a bystander — if you see something, intervene in any way you can.
- Trust your gut. If something looks like it may be a bad situation, it probably is.
- Be direct. Ask someone who looks like they may need help if they’re OK.
- Get someone to help you if you see something — enlist a friend, RA, bartender, or host to help step in.
- Keep an eye on someone who has had too much to drink.
- If you see someone who is too intoxicated to consent, enlist their friends to help them leave safely.
- Recognize the potential danger of someone who talks about planning to target another person at a party.
- Be aware if someone is deliberately trying to intoxicate, isolate, or corner someone else.
- Get in the way by creating a distraction, drawing attention to the situation, or separating them.
- Understand that if someone does not or cannot consent to sex, it is rape.
- Never blame the victim.
- If you are a victim or survivor, or helping someone in that situation, go to notalone.gov to get the resources and information you need. You can also call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800-656-HOPE.
To learn more about It’s On Us and to take the pledge, please visit http://www.campusadv.com/its-on-us.
Community Events Calendar
Stop by the clubhouse every Tuesday to pick up a tasty treat! Nachos will be provided all day.
The Joke’s on You! — April 1 @ 7 p.m.
You’ll have the last laugh when you join us in the media lounge for a comedy show!
Finals Prep De-stress — April 28
Do finals have the best of you? Stop by the clubhouse all day to de-stress! There will be therapy animals, massages, and lots of food for nervous snacking.